Welcome!!

This is a place to showcase my crafty side, to display my custom orders, and to tell you about my life as a crafter.

Clients are welcome to comment on their experiences with Simply Sewtastic.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

It has been a while.

It has been a while since my last post. Life in the new house has been super busy. Still unpacking boxes.  Unfortunately, my craft stuff is the last to get unpacked because we need to build shelves in the closets.  With any luck, I will get shelves next week during my staycation.  I have managed to do a few house projects though. I put fancy shelf liner in all the cabinets in the kitchen and the linen closet.  That took pretty much an entire day because my rulers and markers were packed somewhere in a box.  I ordered blinds. Unfortunately, I am living exposed until Wednesday. My husband and I decided to have them installed so we could concentrate on other projects like my shelves. 

I did manage to get to the fabric store to order fabric to make curtains for the front door windows. I will be picking that up this weekend. I am super excited to start that project for 3 reasons. One, so I am not so exposed. Two, I have never sewn a lined curtain before. I am looking forward to the experience. And 3, hopefully it will keep Bloo from looking outside and barking at everything that moves.

I tried my hand at gardening one afternoon. I feel that my attempts maybe failing me.  My husband bought some herb plants.  He didn't plant them right away.  I probably waited too long.  I am trying to nurse them but there isn't enough sunlight in our yard to help my cause.  I think from now on my gardening will be limited to shade plants.

Other than that things are going pretty well in the new house. I have one custom order that I will be working on.  Pictures to come once I start.  It is a cover to a hope chest.  Stay tuned for pictures of my curtains.

No comments: